Cool Costumes for Pugs for Halloween
Do you like to celebrate holidays and occasions with your Pug like I do? What should your Pug be for Halloween this year? We are off to the Pugoween Fundraiser for PugALug Pug Rescue at PawsWay on Sunday with Kilo the Rescue Pug so we definitely needed some inspiration.
See photos from the Pugalug Pugoween Party HERE.
I am sure political costumes will be popular this year, especially in the US, and who could forget Fishstick the Pug on the red carpet as Donald Trump with his lovely bride Lottie at Woofstock filming Backseat Barkers.
Movie characters like Star Wars, Minions, Ghost Busters, Batman, and Disney Princesses are always popular. Kilo doesn’t mind his Super Pug, Bat Pug or Minion Costumes too much. Which do you think he should wear?
Kilo as Darth Vader (costume bought at PetSmart)
“Give yourself to the Dark Side”. Kilo
Kilo the Pug as Batman and Superman
Kilo the Pug as an Adorable Minion
What should your Pug be for Halloween? Check out more comfortable Halloween Costumes For Kilo the Pug including DIY
Shaken not stirred.
Ash Ketchum from Pokemon
Tom Cruise in Risky Business
Keep Your Dog Safe and Happy on Halloween
Halloween is actually very stressful for Kilo the Pug.
Kilo hates strangers coming to the door so he is crated in the basement with Kongs and chews or sits on my knee on a leash. I would never take him trick or treating as he would be terrified.
- Always choose pet clothing that is safe and comfortable for your dog to wear. Make sure your dog can easily stand, sit, lie down, walk, and use the bathroom at any time while in costume. Always double check f there are things sewn onto the outfit, your pet may try to eat them and can get really sick. If your pet doesn’t like getting dressed up, don’t force him or her. Kilo the pug is not a fan of putting his paws through tight sleeves or wearing much so he often just has loose soft things or a simple bandana or collar or harness or vest instead.
Stay safe this Halloween by making sure your dog doesn’t escape or ingest anything dangerous like chocolate or candy, decorations, or costume pieces. Always contact a vet or the ASPCA Hotline immediately if they do. Halloween is the second most common time for dogs to get lost after July 4th and a common time for poisoning to occur.
- Don’t leave your pet unsupervised or in a high traffic area.
- I bet we see a few Blue Jays costumes in Toronto as well. Just be careful with the Halloween treats and chips LOLDo not leave snacks within reach. Kilo will steal chips and chocolates, wrapper and all.
- Make sure your dog can’t get out the front door while handing out candy. Think about crating them or relaxing with them somewhere quiet.
- Make sure tags are up-to-date, detailed and on.
- Keep them on a leash during Halloween!
What Do You Think Kilo The Pug Should Go As? What’s your Pug going to be this year?
Here is a video we did of 99 Cute Halloween Pet Costumes on Talent Hounds featuring lots of pugs of course.
Tracy OBrien says
Thank you Susan for the reminders of how to keep the pups safe around Halloween!